Tips for Staying Warmer This Week
We are all struggling to stay warm and keep the house warm with the historical temps and wind chills that are coming. I gathered some hints off of Facebook posts from friends and just some simple life tips I have collected over the years.
1. Raise the temperature in your home 2 to 4 degrees above your normal setting.
2. Keep garage doors closed.
3. Limit opening exterior doors.
4. Make sure air vents and radiators are not blocked or obstructed.
5. Keep the cold air out. Place a rug or rolled towel on the floor, in front of doorway.
6. Add moisture. Make soup or stews and let is simmer all day or just have a pot of water on the stove all day on simmer.
7. Add moisture to you too. Make sure you stay hydrated and add lotions to your dry skin, you will stay warmer.
8. DO NOT USE YOUR OVEN or a GRILL TO HEAT YOUR HOME.
9. Please check on neighbors and elderly residents during these extreme temperatures.
10. Bring your pets inside the house or garage and out of the weather.
11. Dress in layers if you must go out.
Stay warm and safe this week and share this with any of your family and friends.