Fire damaged the upper level of a two-story home in Cedar Falls late Monday morning.

The fire broke out just before noon at 1821 Walnut Street. According to Fire Chief John Bostwick, insulation caught fire while the home owner was doing repair work on the house. The home owner called firefighters after attempts to extinguish the fire failed.

Bostwick said 16 public safety officers (PSOs) and firefighters were on duty at the time of the fire and 11 more responded from their homes. When they arrived, crews found a fire on the second floor of the house.

According to Bostwick, the fire was quickly extinguished. He said the second floor received substantial damage.

No injuries were reported.