How Strict Were Your Folks Compared To Everyone Else’s?
Tomorrow is Halloween, and different parents have different rules around Halloween. Like limiting how much candy kids can have, or letting them trick-or-treat on their own. But how strict were your parents in general when you were a kid?
About 50,000 people recently took a survey on Reddit. Here are some of the results from the survey they did:
- Did they ever ground you? Only 54% of people said they got grounded as a kid.
- Did they limit your TV or Internet hours? 44% said yes.
- Were you allowed to watch R-rated movies? 56% of us were.
- Did you have to be in bed by a certain time when you were in elementary school? 81% of us did. And 30% also had a set bedtime in high school.
- Were you allowed to swear in front of your parents? Only 19% said yes.
- Did you have to make your bed every morning? 28% of us did.
- If you just claimed you were sick, would they let you stay home from school? 42% said yes. 58% said they had to be VERY sick to stay home.
These days are dad even allowed to get the belt when you've been acting up?