Everything You Need to Know for the 2023 Linn County Fair
Happy fair week!
Now that June is coming to an end, the summer fair and festival season is just getting started! The Linn County Fair in Central City will officially kick off this Wednesday, June 28th and run through Sunday, July 2nd. Here are some of the important things you should know about this year's big event:
When and where is the 2023 Linn County Fair?
The Linn County Fair will begin this Wednesday, June 28th and will continue through the weekend. The official daily fair hours are 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. It is held on the fairgrounds at 201 Central City Road in Central City, just off of Highway 13.
How much is it to get in?
Admission on Wednesday is free for all ages, but Thursday through Sunday it costs $5 per person for entry (ages 10 and under are free). If you plan to attend more than one day, you can purchase a week-long gate admission for $15. The hours where you will be charged to enter are as follows:
- Thursday, June 29th from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, June 30th & Saturday, July 1st from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, July 2nd from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
What are the Grandstand events this year?
- Wednesday, June 28th at 7 p.m. - Ag Games
- Thursday, June 29th at 7:30 p.m. - Niko Moon with Adam Doleac ($30)
- Friday, June 30th at 7:30 p.m. - Jo Dee Messina with Drew Parker ($40)
- Saturday, July 1st at 9:30 a.m. - Draft Horse Fun Show
- Saturday, July 1st at 6 p.m. - ECIPA Truck & Tractor Pull ($5 to $30)
- Sunday, July 2nd at 12 p.m. - Donkey Races ($5)
- Sunday, July 2nd at 6 p.m. - Tough Trucks ($5 to $30)
You can purchase tickets for all the Grandstand events HERE.
When is the beer tent open?
The Coors Light Pavilion is open daily and features live entertainment on the Liebe Trucking Stage. Here is the schedule:
- Wednesday, June 28th
- Open from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Thursday, June 29th
- Open from 12 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Ruthless County from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Friday, June 30th
- Open from 12 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Heather "Gypsy" Cunard from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Big John Hammer and the Rusty Nails from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Saturday, July 1st
- Open from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- DJ Skittlez Karaoke Contest at 9 p.m.
- Sunday, July 2nd
- Open at 12 p.m.
- Luke Thomas from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Is there a carnival this year?
There sure is! Carnival rides are actually already open at the Linn County Fairgrounds! Here are the carnival and wristband hours for the week:
- Monday, June 26th from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 27th from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 28th from 3 p.m. to close
- Wristbands from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, June 29th from 11 a.m. to close
- Wristbands from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, June 30th from 3 p.m. to close
- Wristbands from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, July 1st from 1 p.m. to close
- Sunday, July 2nd from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
On Sunday, July 2nd there will only be giant inflatables available, including an obstacle course, a slide, and more. Play-All-Day passes will be available for $30 and a $20 pass will be available for 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
All carnival tickets and wristbands can be purchased at the carnival ticket booth during fair hours.
Where can I see a full schedule for the fair?
For a full hourly schedule for the 2023 Linn County Fair, you can visit the fair's official website HERE.
We can't wait to see you this weekend over in Central City!