Eastern Iowa Food Festivals You Can Check Out This Summer [LIST]
If you love food as much as I do, then you're gonna love all the food festivals happening here in Eastern Iowa this summer! Here are some of the great events you can enjoy:
- Friday, May 13th through Sunday, May 15th
- Czech Village, Cedar Rapids
- "Celebrate Czech and Slovak traditions as well seeing what new Czech Village has to offer. We will have live music and entertainment, food and craft vendors, classes, costume walk, and of course Kolaches! There will also be a Fun Run sponsored by SOKO."
- Thursday, May 19th
- Grand River Center, Dubuque
- "Foodies and craft beer lovers unite to taste more than 20 varieties of mac & cheese paired with over 50 craft beers."
- Purchase tickets HERE
- Thursday, June 2nd through Saturday, June 4th
- Downtown Center Point
- Featuring food, drinks, games, and live music
- Friday, June 10th & Saturday, June 11th
- Downtown Strawberry Point
- "The festival features activities like a 5K, live entertainment, parade, games, carnival, tractor and truck pull, and free strawberries and ice cream, along with many other family fun oriented activities."
- Saturday, June 11th & Sunday, June 12th
- St. Ludmila Catholic Church, Cedar Rapids
- Featuring food, drinks, games, live music, rides, raffles, a silent auction, and more
- Saturday, June 18th
- Amana Colonies
- "At the Market Barn area, in the center of the village of Amana, you will find local sausage vendors, beer, drinks, desserts, and sides. Wurst Festival features different types of brats, sausage creations, and more things meat!"
- Also featuring yard games, competitions, Wurst University, live music, and more
- Saturday, July 9th
- Centennial Park, North Liberty
- Featuring food, drinks, live music, family activities, and more
- Friday, July 15th & Saturday, July 16th
- Downtown Solon
- Featuring food, drinks, live music, tournaments, children's activities, a parade, a fun run, and more
- Thursday, July 28th through Sunday, July 31st
- Downtown Elkader
- Featuring food, drinks, live music, fireworks, a carnival, a parade, tournaments/contests, and more
- Saturday, August 6th
- Delaware County Fairgrounds, Manchester
- Featuring food, drinks, and live music
- Friday, August 12th through Sunday, August 14th
- St. Jude Catholic Church, Cedar Rapids
- Featuring food, drinks, live entertainment, a carnival, a bags tournament, and more
- $5 daily admission for ages 11 to 59
- Thursday, August 18th through Sunday, August 20th
- Downtown Lisbon
- Featuring food, drinks, children's activities, a car show, a 5k, a parade, carnival rides, live music, and more
30 Cool Outdoor Patios to Dine On This Summer Around the Corridor
Now that spring is here, patio season is right around the corner! With the help of Eastern Iowans in the Deetz - Let's Support Local! Facebook group, I put together a list of 30 awesome patios in the area where you can dine and/or drink when the weather gets warmer. Here are some of the popular places!
10 Cute Cabins for Rent in Eastern Iowa
Looking for a little weekend getaway here in Eastern Iowa? Here are some cute cabins available to rent on Airbnb!