Waterloo Schools Limiting Fans At East-West Basketball Games
Waterloo School District officials have released the guidelines on spectator attendance ahead of Tuesday night's basketball games between East and West High Schools.
The boys games will be played on Wier-McGraw Court at East's Fred J. Miller Gymnasium. The doubleheader is scheduled to start with sophomore contest at 6 PM, followed by the varsity game at 7:30 PM.
West is hosting both girls games at Robert S. Siddens Gymnasium. The junior-varsity game tips-off at 6 PM, 90 minutes before the varsity game.
Only spectators with a school-issued wristband/voucher will be allowed to attend the games. The wristband/voucher will be needed to purchase a ticket. Admission at both schools is $5 for adults and $4 for students (exact change preferred).
Here are the specific attendance guidelines:
- Two (2) wristbands per participating student-athlete and cheerleader will be distributed.
- Wristbands/Vouchers will be provided to the team the day before the competition.
- Visiting team will supply their own. No other spectators will be allowed to attend.
- Wristbands/Vouchers are not pre-sold, only distributed. The wristband allows you to pay admission at the gate. No Wristband/Voucher = No admittance.
- When there are multiple events in the same day/evening spectators may be asked to clear the gym between games/meets.
- Spectators should only attend the event in which their child is participating and leave afterward.
Here are the COVID-19 spectator requirements:
- All spectators MUST wear a mask to enter the event and during the event.
- Perform a personal health check before arrival. Anyone experiencing a fever, or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 must stay home.
- Practice safe social distancing (limit group to single households - six feet apart) and sit every other row as marked.
- Stay home if you have been in contact with someone with a confirmed positive case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Spectators not following guidelines may be asked to leave.
There will be no concessions to purchase at either school.
Each school is providing a free live-stream of the games, via YouTube.
- To watch the Wahawks' games at East (boys), CLICK HERE.
- To watch the Trojans' games at West (girls), CLICK HERE.