Ahhh, The Lies Parents Tell Their Kids
Having kids is tough I have heard. I don't have any myself, but I was once one and I've heard from my folks that I was generally a good kid. Key word: Generally.
Sometimes 'rents have to employ a few questionable parenting techniques. Buzzfeed asked people to name the most ridiculous LIES their parents used to make them behave. Here are a few of my favorites:
- To make them stop eating in bed, someone's parents told them that if they ate lying down, they'd turn into a snake.
- A woman wouldn't eat beef when she was a kid, but loved chicken. So when her mom made beef, she claimed it was just 'brown chicken.'
- A woman's mom told her that if the ice cream truck was playing music, it meant they were OUT of ice cream.
- Someone's mom told them that if they fell asleep with headphones on, their ears would explode.
- A guy loved to flip the lights on and off as a kid, until his parents said it would signal the cops, and they'd show up at their house.
- Someone's mom claimed it was illegal to go see the same movie twice.
- A dad convinced his kids that the button in their car that turned the hazard lights on was actually an 'eject"'button.