Restaurant Deals and Discounts for NE Iowa Veterans
On Friday, November 11, we show our thanks and appreciation to those who have served in our military on Veterans' Day. Several national chains and local restaurants are offering special deals to those folks this Friday. Our list is below and if you know of any others please let us know.
Enjoy your day and thank you for your service!
- Hy-Vee: Hy-Vee stores will host a free dine-in breakfast on Friday, Nov. 11, from 6 to 10 a.m. for all veterans and active-duty military members. Additionally, veterans and service members will receive 15% off grocery purchases all day on Nov. 11.
- Casey's: FREE coffee Friday, November 11 for veterans and active military.
USA Today published an extensive list of national chains with area locations offering deals to veterans this Friday:
- Starbucks: Free hot or iced coffee. Starbucks is adding a twist to its annual Veterans Day special, offering a free tall (12-ounce) hot or iced coffee, valid one per customer for veterans, military service members, and military spouses at participating U.S. Starbucks stores. Starbucks is also donating $100,000 each to military nonprofits Team Red, White & Blue, and Team Rubicon.
- Krispy Kreme: Free doughnut and coffee. Krispy Kreme is offering a free doughnut and a small hot or iced brewed coffee. The freebies don't require a separate purchase and the offer is available in-store only.
- Olive Garden: Free meal. Olive Garden told USA TODAY it offers veterans and active-duty military personnel a free entrée from a special menu. Meals offered include never-ending soup, salad and breadsticks, cheese ravioli, spaghetti and meatballs, fettuccini alfredo, and chicken parmigiana.
- Outback Steakhouse: Free Bloomin' Onion and drink. Outback Steakhouse is offering all active and retired military personnel a free Bloomin' Onion and a Coca-Cola product in the restaurant. The chain is also still applying its "daily heroes discount" with 10% off entire checks for nurses, doctors, medical staff, military veterans, police, firefighters, and first responders.
- Applebee's: Free meal and coupon. Applebee's will be offering veterans and active-duty military personnel a free meal from a select menu, including:
- 6 oz. top sirloin
- Double crunch shrimp
- Fiesta lime chicken
- Chicken tenders platter
- Classic bacon cheeseburger
- Oriental chicken salad
- Three-cheese chicken penne
In addition to the free meal, Applebee's told USA TODAY that veterans and active-duty military personnel dining in on Nov. 11 with receive a $5 bounce-back card to redeem for a future dine-in, to-go, or delivery order within the next three weeks.
- IHOP: Free pancakes. IHOP is offering free red, white and blue pancakes – three buttermilk pancakes topped with glazed strawberries, blueberry compote, and whipped topping – at participating locations from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for dine-in only.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Veterans Day deal: Free wings and fries. Buffalo Wild Wings is giving veterans and active-duty service members with valid ID 10 free boneless wings and fries for dine-in only.
- Red Robin: Free burger and fries. Red Robin is giving veterans and active-duty service members a free Red's Tavern Double Burger and bottomless steak fries at participating restaurants for dine-in only.
- Texas Roadhouse: Free meal voucher. From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Texas Roadhouse is giving veterans and active-duty military personnel meal vouchers valid through May 30, 2023, with proof of service, no purchase necessary.
- Wendy's: Free breakfast. Wendy's gives those with valid military ID or Veterans Advantage cards a free breakfast combo during participating locations' breakfast hours. Valid in-store or at the drive-thru.
- Red Lobster: Free shrimp. Red Lobster is giving veterans, active-duty military and reservists free Walt's Favorite Shrimp, fries, and coleslaw with valid ID for dine-in and to go from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Little Caesar's: Little Caesars is offering veterans and military personnel a free HOT-N-READY lunch combo at participating locations from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. The combo features slices of the chain's Detroit-style deep dish pizza and a 20-ounce Pepsi product.