It’s Time To Celebrate Pizza…
Saturday, February 9th is National Pizza Day, which, frankly, feels like it's a pretty legitimate reason for celebrating. Now I am not the biggest fan of dairy, or maybe I should say, dairy isn't a fan of me... but when I am able to stomach some cheese, I know it will be because I just have to have some pizza pie!
Anyway, in honor of the holiday, here are some fun factoids and stats about everyone's favorite dish.
- 98% of Americans like pizza, and 54% of us even say we LOVE IT. Seems about right.
- Almost one in three people eat it at least once a week.
- 33 million Americans would pick pizza as their last meal on Earth, and 26 million would give up getting-it-on for a year for unlimited pizza.
- The most popular toppings are pepperoni, sausage, mushroom and bacon. As for the least popular, those would be anchovies, eggplant, pineapple, and artichokes.
- When it comes to crusts, 'regular' is the most popular type, thin crust is second, and deep dish is third.
Surprised by this? Well, celebrate this weekend with your favorite type of pizza, and don't even feel bad eating the whole pie alone. You earned it, I'm sure.