It’s Hard To Be A Hermit During The Holidays
Cherish your downtime this month. Because the most social time of the year is about to start. A new survey found 70% of us will attend at least one holiday party this winter. We'll spend over a FULL DAY'S worth of time socializing. Yikes. That’s a introverts nightmare
The average person will go to 11 festive events, and spend more than 25 HOURS mingling. Here's how those 25 hours break down:
1. Two to three parties with friends and family, that's 5 hours and 20 minutes.
2. Two work-related events, 4 hours and 31 minutes total.
3. Two to three holiday dinner, 4 hours and 59 minutes.
4. Two or three ‘festive get-togethers’, 5 hours and 47 minutes.
5. Two to three other holiday-related events, 4 hours and 52 minutes.
The survey found 71% of us look forward to socializing around the holidays, but 61% also think it's stressful. So we'll leave a third of our events EARLY. And 44% of us plan to ‘Irish goodbye’ from at least one event and sneak out. Sign me up for that.
(Via Digital Hub)