Iowa Still Among States With Fewest COVID Restrictions
For most, the COVID-19 pandemic is old news. It's not that we aren't taking it seriously, it's just 'masking up' before walking into Walmart or Fareway is second nature now. That said, Iowa still ranks at the top among U.S. states with the fewest Coronavirus restrictions. As of today, Tuesday August 11, we're the state with the 6th fewest restrictions out of 51 (D.C. is counted as its own entity) according to WalletHub.
Here are the breakdowns in the different categories. (1 = fewest restrictions 25 = Average).
- 15th – Requirement to Wear a Face Mask in Public
- 1st – Workplace Temperature Screening
- 1st – Reopening of Child-Care Programs
- 15th – Travel Restrictions
- 15th – Large Gatherings Restrictions
- 1st – Strictness of “Shelter in Place” Order
- 6th – Reopening of Non-Essential Businesses
- 2nd – Reopening of Restaurants and Bars
- 1st – Working from Home Requirements/Recommendations
South Dakota continues to be the state with the fewest overall restrictions, while California has the most restrictions.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app