Iowa is Home to a Fun Inflatable Water Park on a Lake [WATCH]
Iowa is home to several awesome waterparks. There's the legendary Lost Island Waterpark in Waterloo and Adventure Bay at Adventureland in Altoona, but did you know there's an inflatable water park in Iowa?
Moravia, Iowa is home to a place called Honey Creek Resort, which describes itself as the "ultimate vacation destination." Located on Rathbun Lake, the resort offers all sorts of fun water activities, like kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing, and boating. But, they also have Iowa's first inflatable aquapark!
The Rathbun Lake Aquapark is a 3,900-square-foot water sport attraction featuring 16 different inflatables. It's large enough to host a total of 40 guests at a time! The park was first launched in 2018 and has been a popular attraction ever since.
According to Honey Creek Resort's official website, here are the different features of the Aquapark:
- Action Tower XXL: Users can test their endurance through climbing, jumping, crawling and sliding.
- Cliff: A mountain of a challenge. You'll need speed, strength and agility to get past this obstacle.
- Flip: Jump on one end and blast your friends off the other.
- Slide: Whizz down the nearly four-foot Slide.
- Foxtrot: The Foxtrot is a challenging balance beam that's great for head-to-head competitions.
- Zulu: Zulu combines a five-foot-high climbing wall with an exhilarating zero-entry slide.
The Rathbun Lake Aquapark is open daily from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and welcomes all ages (ages 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult). Park entry is free for folks staying at the resort, but the public can pay $15 per person to check it out for the day. You can read more about the waterpark and the resort HERE.
But, wait... there's more!
Thanks to some listener input, we now know that there is another aquapark at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in Monticello! Passes for Wibit Park are $20 per day for the public and $15 per day for campers.