Happy International Beer Day 2019!
If you are a lover of beer, then today is the perfect holiday for you. Today is the first Friday of August, which means that it's International Beer Day!
According to Wikipedia, International Beer Day was started in 2007 and has 3 purposes:
- "To gather with friends and enjoy the taste of beer."
- "To celebrate those responsible for brewing and serving beer."
- "To unite the world under the banner of beer, by celebrating the beers of all nations together on a single day"
A survey from National Today reveals that 36% of people say beer is the beverage of choice when they're out at a bar, and another 67% of Americans say they'd rather drink a domestic beer than an imported one. With so many great American options, that's not hard to believe. In Iowa alone we have a ton of great breweries! The website Best Things IA put together a list of the 10 best breweries in Iowa. Here are the results:
- Toppling Goliath Brewing Co. - Decorah
- Backpocket Brewing - Coralville
- Exile Brewing Company - Des Moines
- Millstream Brewing Co. - Amana
- Peace Tree Brewing Co. - Knoxville
- Big Grove Brewery - Solon
- Twisted Vine Brewery - West Des Moines
- Alluvial Brewing - Ames
- Okoboji Brewing Company - Okoboji
- SingleSpeed Brewing Company - Cedar Falls