The Iowa State Fair has finally come to a close. Not without an added level of excitement, though.

Not only were there fried Oreos, pork chops on a stick, loads of concerts, tons of rides and carnival games, and different exhibits as always, but kids were hurt by the over-waxed slide, a streaker was arrested, a couple got engaged adjacent to the butter cow, and lastly -- on the final day of the 11-day extravaganza -- a fire broke out at one of the gazillion food vendors.

As reported by KCCI, a cooker caught fire in the middle of it all. Someone caught smoke billowing out of the area on camera and shared it with the news station. The video is tagged below.

It set the cooker ablaze just near the Anne and Bill Riley Stage. According to WHO13, the "flames were several feet high and engulfed the grill." The Iowa State Patrol reported that it was a grease fire, and the blaze was put out by the Des Moines Fire Department.

Luckily, no one in the cooking crew was hurt, nor were any patrons of the fair. Though no injuries were reported, dozens of turkey legs were significantly burned and lost in the flame.

We Are Iowa Local 5 News also caught glimpses of the aftermath of the fire, the video is attached below:

As Doug Mollenhauer -- Director of Public Safety for the Iowa State Fair Police -- quickly summarized to the news station:

We just had a cooker that got a little hot. The firemen are right here on the scene, they cornered it off, and they got it under control.

The Most Delicious Fair/Festival Foods That We've Ever Had

What Twitter Thinks Living in Iowa is Like

Twitter is a strange, (and can be a) dark place. What it has to say about the Hawkeye State is pretty accurate, though. Let's see what tweeters out there have to say about Iowa in 280 characters or less.

More From 97.7 KCRR