There are 53 New Fair Foods at the 2022 Iowa State Fair
I hope you're hungry!
On Tuesday afternoon, the Iowa State Fair did a livestream on Facebook to reveal some of the new foods that will be at this summer's 11-day event. In all, there are 53 new fair foods on the way! Three of those items have been recognized as the 2022 Best New Foods finalists, including:
- “OMG” Chicken Sandwich at Chicken City - A chicken breast that is "lightly battered and covered in sugar coated corn flakes fried to golden brown and served on a glazed doughnut." It's then topped with bacon and syrup.
- Pork Picnic in a Cup at the Iowa Pork Tent - A cup consisting of layers of BBQ favorites, including "BBQ pulled pork, baked beans, creamy coleslaw and a drizzle of BBQ sauce, garnished with brown sugar pork belly."
- The Finisher at The Rib Shack - An extra-large potato topped with "chopped brisket, smoked pulled pork and The Rib Shack’s famous Bacon Brisket Mac and Cheese," plus BBQ sour cream and garlic rub butter
Of the three finalists, only ONE can be named the People’s Choice Best New Food for 2022. You'll be able to cast your vote at the fair from August 11th through the 15th, and the official winner will be revealed on August 17th.
Here's a look at some of the other interesting new fair foods for this year:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Waffle On A Stick
- Alligator Corn Dog
- Deep Fried Queso Burger
- Spam Curds
- Nana's Gooey Butter Funnel Cake
- Snake Bite Nachos
- Deep Fried Meatballs On A Stick
- Puff Sundae
- Warm Brownie A La Mode Waffle Bowl
- Egg-O-Fuego Eggs