The World’s Most Expensive Thanksgiving Dinner Is HOW Much?
Thanksgiving is tomorrow and while most families are going to be having home-cooked meals there are those of us that are not blessed with the skill of cooking without burning down their houses (yes, I am one of those) so maybe they will go out for an extravagant meal. But how much will they spend on a thanksgiving meal?
Hopefully you won't spend as much as this the World's Most Expensive Thanksgiving Dinner. There is a restaurant in New York City called the Old Homestead Steakhouse which is serving the World's most expensive Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow night. How expensive is too expensive? Well, this dinner which costs...wait for it... $181,000.
Excuse me, I just fell out of my chair, let me compose myself.....
$181,000?! I better be eating gold if you want me to pay that much... Well, you kinda are. Here is what is included in this meal.
- Two gold-painted, gold-dusted, and gold-flaked free range turkeys.
- $1,200-a-pound Spanish bacon on top of candied sweet potatoes.
- $300-a-pound white cheddar cheese from the U.K.
- Gravy infused with a $3,650 bottle of Louis the Thirteenth cognac.
- Cranberry sauce featuring $250-per-dozen Japanese strawberries.
- A seafood stuffing made with lobster and $1,600-per-ounce caviar.
- Asparagus seasoned with $91-per-ounce Korean salt.
- Potatoes made with $850-a-pound European cheese, $150-an-ounce French butter, and $1,000-per-ounce truffles.
- Lots of expensive wines and champagnes.
- $50,000 seven-day yacht cruise afterwards, plus a $20,000 Black Friday shopping spree and four tickets to the Super Bowl.
Okay, so as the list goes on it is starting to make a little more sense as to why it is so expensive but still this doesn't seem like anything I would partake in... what about you?