Top Five Places We Miss When Spring Cleaning
Memorial Day weekend marks the un-official beginning of summer time! Hold on though...have you gotten your spring cleaning finished up yet?
This weekend is meant for camping, fishing, golfing, barbequing and all things outside. But, wait, there is a chance of rain...so you could use the long weekend (or at least part of it) to finish up your spring cleaning, especially the places you missed!
According to a recent survey, here are the top five spots we forget about when we spring clean...
1. Baseboards along your walls. Just use the brush attachment on your vacuum. And for scuff marks, use a sponge or a Magic Eraser.
2. Curtains. Again, the brush attachment on your vacuum works well. But if they're really dirty, you might need to wash them or have them professionally cleaned.
3. Window blinds. One way to clean them is by taking two microfiber cloths, and using rubber bands to wrap them around a pair of tongs. Or, just put an old sock on your hand and use that to clean between each blind.
4. Ceiling fans. They're the dirtiest thing in the room, and we still forget them. Instead of paper towels, use an old pillowcase to catch all the dust. Then just dump it out and toss it in the wash when you're done.
5. Behind the toilet. That one's not "forgotten" as much as it's "ignored." It's hard to reach, and a lot of people skip it. So it can get pretty gross back there.
So, if you're a cleaning fanatic, you've probably already done all of these, if not, you've got some work to do! Just remember, to take a break this long holiday day weekend and relax...the cleaning can always wait, right?