Iowa State and Iowa’s 2021 Football Schedules Now Official
It's a whopping two degrees above zero as I write this. It's a harsh reminder that the 2021 FBS college football season in Iowa is still 205 days away. However, anytime is a good time to look forward to college football, especially with both team's schedules now in hand.
The Iowa State Cyclones 2021 schedule became official early this afternoon. The Fiesta Bowl champions will open the season on Saturday, September 4 against the University of Northern Iowa.
It will be a short off-season for the UNI Panthers, who will be playing this spring after their fall schedule was postponed. UNI opens the first of two 2021 seasons next Friday, February 19. It's a 7 p.m. kickoff against South Dakota State in the UNI-Dome in Cedar Falls. The Panthers' full schedule for this spring is available at the bottom of this story.
Before we go through the remainder of the Iowa State schedule, Iowa State's Sports Information Department says "several conference games could have date changes pending network television decisions."
The Cyclones have six home games in the 2021 season, including the annual clash, except for last year, against Iowa. The Hawkeyes will visit Jack Trice Field on Saturday, September 11.
Iowa State has an off-week the weekend of October 9. Here's the 2021 Cyclone slate:
*Please note, all home schedules have home games in bold. No game times have been announced for any of Iowa and Iowa State's games this fall.
- September 4 versus UNI
- September 11 versus Iowa
- September 18 at UNLV (University of Nevada, Las Vegas)
- September 25 at Baylor
- October 2 versus Kansas
- October 16 at Kansas State
- October 23 versus Oklahoma State
- October 30 at West Virginia
- November 6 versus Texas
- November 13 at Texas Tech
- November 20 at Oklahoma
- November 27 versus TCU (Texas Christian University)
December 4 is the Big 12 Championship Game at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas
The 2021 University of Iowa football schedule was finalized late last week. The Hawkeyes will open the season with a Big Ten game, against Indiana, and conclude the regular season in a Black Friday contest against Nebraska. Iowa's off-week is the weekend of October 23:
- September 4 versus Indiana
- September 11 at Iowa State
- September 18 versus Kent State
- September 25 versus Colorado State
- October 2 at Maryland
- October 9 versus Penn State
- October 16 versus Purdue
- October 30 at Wisconsin
- November 6 at Northwestern
- November 13 versus Minnesota
- November 20 versus Illinois
- November 26 at Nebraska
As promised, here's UNI's spring schedule that begins next weekend.
- February 19 versus South Dakota State 7 p.m.
- February 27 at Youngstown State 11 a.m.
- March 6 versus Illinois State 4 p.m.
- March 13 at Southern Illinois 12 p.m.
- March 20 versus Missouri State 4 p.m.
- March 27 at Western Illinois 7 p.m.
- April 2 at South Dakota 6 p.m.
- April 10 versus North Dakota State 4 p.m.
The FCS playoffs begin April 24.