IOWA AT IOWA STATE BETTING TRENDS
#10 IOWA will travel to #9 IOWA STATE this weekend for a 3:30 PM CST kickoff. This is the first time the two in-state rivals will meet when they are BOTH currently ranked. Iowa has faced a ranked Iowa State Cyclones team just once before-- a 31-0 home loss in 1978 (Iowa was not ranked).
Iowa began the season ranked #18 but jumped 8 spots after a 34-6 victory over previously ranked Indiana (#17). Iowa State opened up as #8 in the nation preseason but fell a spot after a lackluster 16-10 victory over FCS Northern Iowa.
Saturday's game will mark the 68th meeting in the series-- the 17th season of the Cy-Hawk Series. Iowa holds a 45-22 advantage in the series that began with a 16-8 Iowa win in 1894.
Iowa State was initially favored -7 at home when the books first put out this line. As the afternoon last Saturday got close to the end, the line had moved considerably. It currently sits at Iowa State a home favorite -4.5.
Currently, 72% of the tickets are on Iowa as road dogs +4.5. The professional gamblers are following the public-- 79% of all money wagered on the spread is on Iowa.
The professionals LOVE the UNDER total 46. 84% of the money is on the UNDER-- the public wants to see a high scoring game and thus the number of tickets sold are split. 46% of all tickets sold are betting the OVER.
Here are some more HEAD TO HEAD statistics/trends in the series SINCE 2000:
- IOWA is 12-8 STRAIGHT UP in the series.
- IOWA has won 5 straight games in the series and their last loss in Ames was 44-41 on 9/10/2011
- IOWA STATE is 12-7 Against The Spread-- 2013 was a PICK EM.
- The FAVORITE is 7-12 since 2000.
- The HOME TEAM is 13-7 STRAIGHT UP in the series.
- In games since 2000 and the spread was between 3-5.5, Iowa State is 5-3 Against The Spread-- Iowa is 5-3 STRAIGHT UP in those 8 games.
- IOWA STATE has never been favored at HOME since 2000.
- The TOTAL is 46. The OVER is 6-13 to the TOTAL since 2000.
- 5 of those 6 OVERS came in Ames.