Do You Name Your Car?
Do You Name Your Car? I don't know how this question makes sense unless you're in a Pixar movie... Though I named my car 'Willis' because I think it sounds cool. Anyways, a new survey from DigitalHub found 64% of Americans consider their car to be a 'friend.'
And just like real friendships, we're willing to make sacrifices for it. Here are some other interesting stats from the survey:
1. 44% of car owners have named their car before.
2. Over a third of us would rather get a cut or scratch on our body than on our car.
3. 15% of people would rather break a bone than have their car break down.
4. 21% would rather spend a full day in jail than have their car totaled.
5. 13% would rather break up with their significant other than lose their car.
6. 70% of us have at least one fond memory associated with our car. The top memories include first dates, a first kiss, a proposal, a road trip, bringing a baby home from the hospital and driving around blasting music.
7. 45% of us have CRIED when we had to get a new car. We assume cost has something to do with that one.
8. The average American spends 8 hours and 22 minutes in their car each week. Which is 1 hour and 12 minutes a day, or 18 full days a year.