Cedar Falls Declares Snow Emergency
Officials in Cedar Falls have issued a snow emergency for two areas of the city.
Parking downtown and on College Hill will be prohibited from 8 PM Monday until 7 AM Tuesday so city crews can haul snow away.
According to city ordinance, parking is prohibited on each street marked with a sign displaying the words "Snow Emergency Route". Cedar Falls Public Safety officers also plan to place "no parking" signage in the areas to correlate with the declaration, a press release said.
Starting at 10 PM Tuesday, any vehicle blocking traffic or parking in the designated areas will be subject to a citation and tow at owner's expense. Motorists should utilize municipal lots while the snow emergency is in effect.
The snow emergency declaration includes the following areas:
- College Street between 20th and 23rd Streets
- West 23rd Street between College and Campus Streets
- Main Street between 1st and 5th Streets
- 2nd Street between State and Franklin Streets
- 3rd Street between State and Clay Streets
- 4th Street between State and Washington Streets
- 5th Street between State and Washington Streets
City crews plan to haul snow away from Division Street in front of Cedar Falls High School (between 8th and 12th Streets) on Monday, from 8 AM to 4 PM.