Young Waterloo Child Scalded
Waterloo Police are investigating an incident in which a young child was scalded by hot water.
It happened Wednesday, at a residence on Lakeside Street.
The mother of a one-year old girl, left her with others at the home, while she went to a store.
When the woman returned, she found the child had burns to her hands and feet.
The child had apparently been scalded by hot water in the bathtub.
The child, whose name was not released, was initially taken to Allen Hospital, then transferred to the burn unit at University Hospitals in Iowa City.
According to authorities, the child’s injuries are not life-threatening.