UNI Beat Bradley, 80-46 – Largest Margin of Victory Record
UNI (7-6 overall, 1-0 MVC) opened the game on a 14-0 run and closed the first half on a 21-6 run. The Panthers then started the second half with a 10-0 spurt.
Junior forward Seth Tuttle tied a career-high with 24 points and also grabbed nine rebounds in the victory. Sophomore guard Matt Bohannon drained 4-of-5 three-pointers and scored 16 points. Freshman guard Jeremy Morgan tallied 10 points off the bench.
UNI enjoyed a 19-4 advantage in fast-break points and a 31-18 lead in points in the point vs. the Braves.
Bradley (5-9 overall, 0-1 MVC) battled back to within 21-20 with 7:02 left in the first half. But the Panthers used the 31-6 run to put the game away. It was Bradley's seventh consecutive loss.
NEXT UP: UNI will travel to Wichita State on Sunday for a 1 p.m. tip against the No. 7-ranked Shockers. The game will be televised live on MVC-TV/ESPN3.
- UNI won its MVC opener for the first time since the 2009-10 season
- UNI improved to 3-0 vs. Bradley in MVC openers under head coach Ben Jacobson
- UNI's Bohannon entered the game having made six of his last 49 3-point shots before knocking down 4-of-5 against the Braves
- UNI is 30-2 when scoring 80 or more points in the Jacobson coaching era
- Tuttle recorded his sixth career 20-point scoring game
- UNI is 5-1 this season when holding the opposition to 70 or less points
- UNI's previous largest margin of victory in an MVC game came last season against Bradley when the Panthers notched a 31-point win over the Braves, 84-53.