KCRR-FM General Contest Rules
KCRR-FM GENERAL CONTEST RULES
The following constitutes Contest Rules, both on-air and off-air, on KCRR-FM.
1) All listeners with residence within the KCRR-FM listening area as defined by Arbitron are eligible to win.
2) No purchase necessary to enter any KCRR-FM contest decided by chance.
3) All entrants must be at least 18 years of age or older to enter, unless otherwise specified. KCRR-FM may require proof of age, identification and/or social security number prior to delivering a prize. One entry per person. Multiple entries will result in disqualification.
4) Contests on KCRR-FM are divided into three categories: minor ongoing, limited run and major. Contests are considered to be minor ongoing if they are part of a regularly scheduled contest and the retail prize value of $100 or less. Contests are considered to be limited run if they are specialty contests that feature prizes with a retail value of $100 or less. Contests are defined as major if the retail prize value exceeds $100.
5) Contestants or other members of their immediate household are eligible to win a KCRR-FM minor ongoing contest once per thirty (30) days. However, these individuals remain eligible to win a KCRR-FM limited run or major station contest.
6) Contestants or other members of their immediate household are eligible to win a KCRR-FM limited run contest once per thirty (30) days. However, these individuals remain eligible to win a KCRR-FM minor or major station contest.
7) Contestants or other members of their household who win a KCRR-FM major station contest must wait thirty (30) days before they become eligible to win a KCRR-FM minor or limited run contest; and seven (7) months before they become eligible to win another KCRR-FM major station contest.
8) Employees of KCRR-FM, Waterloo Broadcasting, its agencies, subsidiaries, representatives, and their immediate families (and others domiciled at the same address), sponsors, or other area broadcast companies are ineligible to participate.
9) All prizes, unless otherwise specified, must be picked up within thirty days of winning. KCRR-FM will not notify winners of the time remaining to pick up their prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within the thirty-days provided.
10) All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
11) KCRR-FM is at liberty to give away any unclaimed prizes at the end of the thirty-day grace period.
12) Prizes may be mailed at the discretion of KCRR-FM. KCRR-FM is not responsible for the failure or tardiness of prizes delivered via the U.S. Postal Service. Otherwise prizes must be claimed in person.
13) KCRR-FM is not responsible for defective prizes.
14) KCRR-FM is not responsible for problems associated with phone lines or the phone number for any contest that is beyond the control of KCRR-FM. This includes, but is not limited to, a busy signal on the contest phone line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call. KCRR-FM is not responsible for technical difficulties, which may prohibit the transmission of its radio signal to all or limited geographic areas during the paying of a contest.
15) KCRR-FM is not responsible for telephone, network, electronic or computer failures of any kind, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, incomplete, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late, damaged, or ineligible. Entries generated by robots or scripts are considered to be direct violation of on-line contest policy and will result in immediate disqualification of any and all associated entries.
16) In the event any contest is compromised in any way, electronically or otherwise, that is beyond the control of KCRR-FM, KCRR-FM reserves the right to withdraw the transmission of this contest and award the remaining prize(s) among entries received prior to the date of the withdrawal.
17) KCRR-FM reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found tampering with an entry process, including without limitation the submission of multiple registrations, game entries, the use of fake or duplicate identities by a single user, or use of ‘spam’ or other improper techniques
18) All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that KCRR-FM has the right to publicize, or broadcast the winner’s name, character, likeness, voice or all matters incidental herein.
19) All prizes are non-transferable and void where prohibited by law. No cash substitution of prizes is allowed.
20) Winners understand and agree that they are responsible for any and all taxes incurred on prizes received.
21) In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize, he or she forfeits all claims to that prize. KCRR-FM then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to a contest runner-up. Contestant who forfeits a prize is not eligible to win for thirty-days.
22) KCRR-FM is not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for events that are canceled. All cancellations are deemed beyond the control of KCRR-FM. This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as, all acts of nature. KCRR-FM is not responsible for any expenses incurred by contest winners as a result of such cancellations.
23) KCRR-FM reserves the right to make changes in these rules or a specific contest. All such changes will be available, in writing, upon request.
24) All winners may be required to sign a release form prior to receiving their prizes, which will release KCRR-FM from any liability relating to the contest and the prize.
25) In the event of any dispute regarding the contest or rules the decision of the KCRR-FM management shall be final.
26) A copy of these rules may be obtained during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00AM until 5:00PM at KCRR-FM.