IMCA Deery Series At Iowa State Fair Tonight
Touring IMCA Late Models travel to Des Moines for their next Deery Brothers Summer Series show, during the Iowa State Fair tonight (August 11, 2014).
The main event at the Iowa State Fairgrounds Speedway pays $3,000 to win and a minimum of $300 to start.
Justin Kay of Wheatland brings the point lead to town for the ninth of 15 events on the 2014 schedule. Gates open at 3 p.m., the grandstand opens at 4:30 p.m. and racing begins on the big dirt track half-mile speed plant with 5:30 p.m. hot laps.
Spectator admission is $15 for adults, $5 for kids ages 6-12 and free for five and under. Pit passes are $30.
Completing the race day card are IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars, Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods and Dirt Trucks. More information is available at the www.iowastatefairspeedway.com website or on Facebook.
Twenty-two previous series events have been held at Des Moines and Jeff Aikey of Cedar Falls leads all drivers with six career wins there, including the 2013 contest.
Darrel DeFrance of Marshalltown has competed at all 428 events in series history and is a three-time winner at the Iowa State Fairgrounds Speedway.
Deery Brothers Summer Series top 20 point standings:
1. Justin Kay, Wheatland, 382;
2. Andy Eckrich, Oxford, 370;
3. Jeff Aikey, Cedar Falls, 347;
4. Ryan Dolan, Lisbon, 329;
5. Joel Callahan, Dubuque, 325;
6. Jason Rauen, Farley, 299;
7. Brian Harris, Davenport, 287;
8. Scott Fitzpatrick, Urbandale, 285;
9. Tyler Bruening, Decorah, 282;
10. Ray Guss Jr., Milan, Ill., 278;
11. Matt Ryan, Davenport, 267;
12. Darrel DeFrance, Marshalltown, 244;
13. Jeremy Grady, Story City, 209;
14. Tommy Elston, Keokuk, 200;
15. Nate Beuseling, Silvis, Ill., 189;
16. Rob Moss, Iowa City, 181;
17. Colby Springsteen, Wapello, 172;
18. Spencer Diercks, Davenport, 164;
19. Denny Eckrich, Tiffin, 161;
20. Jay Johnson, West Burlington, 140.