Have You Settled Back Into Your Routine Yet?
It takes 4 days to get back into the swing of things after the holidays...
Well, apparently the cutoff for BLAMING the holidays has already come and gone.
A new survey found it takes the average person FOUR DAYS to get back into their routine once the holidays are over. If you count New Year's Day as the last holiday, and only count "business days"...then we're now on Day Six. (Wed. Jan. 9th)
Here are the top 10 things that make it hard to re-adjust:
1. The weather is horrible. Which is just depressing. (The weather lately hasn't been too bad,(relatively speaking) but you know we're doomed eventually!)
2. The days are still short, and it gets dark early.
3. We know we've got another two months of winter left. (At least, last year it was still snowing in mid April!)
4. You just feel tired and sluggish in general.
5. January feels like the longest month of the year.
6. The excitement of Christmas has passed.
7. Re-adjusting to your routine feels boring.
8. It feels like ages before you'll have time off work again.
9. You feel like there's nothing to look forward to now.
10. You want to exercise, but can't get motivated. (and when you say "want", you're using that term loosely, lol)
I guess all we can do is...put on a smile and trudge on...and look forward to the Super Bowl, Valentine's Day and Spring Break will all be here before you know it!