13th Annual BBQ’Loo & Blues Too!
Award winning BBQ. Kids activities. Great Blues bands. Rib eating contest. People Pleasin’ Chili Contest. Food. Drink. Raffles and of course, Nationally Sanctioned BBQ Contest.
We’re talking about the 13th Annual BBQ’Loo & Blues Too event at Lincoln Park in Downtown Waterloo on Friday & Saturday, July 18th and 19th.
LISTEN FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN FREE FOOD/DRINK CERTIFICATES!!!!
Everything gets under way at 5:30 P.M. on Friday July 18th:
- Event Hours 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Ticket, vending and beer sales 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Children’s activities 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Band – 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Rock Island Rollers (2013 Winners Iowa Blues Challenge Winner)
- Kid’s Q Contest – 5:30 p.m.
- People Pleasin’ Chili Contest – Public tasting and voting 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Chili awards – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 19
- Event Hours 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Ticket, vending and beer sales 11:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Children’s Activities 12:00 Noon to 4 p.m.
- Band – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. River Runners
- Band – 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Bob Dorr & the Blue Band www.theblueband.com.
- Ice Carving Competition by Hy Vee Chefs –2:30 p.m. during band break
- BBQ Awards – 3:30 p.m.
- Rib Eating Contest – 5:30 p.m.
- Band 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. W. C. Clark www.wcclark.com.
- Pork Raffle Drawing Saturday evening ( Four (4) 50 lb. bundles of pork to be raffled!)
There will also be prizes and awards totaling $10,000 in CASH and PLAQUES!
Prizes & Awards:
Barbeque Championship Prizes:
- Grand Champion – $2,000, ribbon & plaque
- Reserve Grand Champion – $1,000, ribbon & plaque
- Honorable Mention Champion – $500, ribbon & plaque
In each Category:
Chicken, Pork Ribs, Pork Shoulder/Boston Butt, Beef Brisket
- 1st Place – $300, ribbon and plaque
- 2nd Place – $275, ribbon
- 3rd Place – $250, ribbon
- 4th Place – $225, ribbon
- 5th Place – $200, ribbon
- 6th Place – 10th Place – $75, ribbon
Crowd Pleasin’ Chili Competition Prizes:
- 50/50 Cash Split
- Cash & prizes awarded through 3rd place
To download applications and for more information about this event, CLICK HERE!